Ayurvedic Eating Guidelines
So simple to incorporate into your everyday life. Choose one and weave it into your week and watch your relationship with food become healthier by the day!
· Food should be eaten in clean, beautiful, and calm surroundings
· Take three breaths of gratitude before eating (one for the earth, one for every hand that helped bring the food to you, and one for your body.
· While eating, avoid distractions and don’t eat if you’re angry or upset
· Chew your food slowly and thoroughly
· Eat only till you are satisfied and not full or heavy (until 75% full)
· Wait at least 3 hours between meals
· Eat your largest meal at noon
· Rest after eating